Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd, India’s first stand-alone health insurance provider, was created in 2006 and today provides great health, personal accident, and foreign travel insurance, among other services. They work with customers directly as well as through intermediaries such as agents, brokers, and the internet.
Why choose Star Health Insurance?
- Cashless Facility: More than 90% of hospitalization-related mediclaim health insurance claims are processed within 2 hours under the cashless option, and 88% of claims are settled within 7 days after complete papers are submitted under reimbursement.
- Value-added Service: Value-added services such as e-Medical Opinion, Telemedicine Services, Wellness Programs, incentives, and more are available through Star Health Insurance Company.
- Customer-Centric: Customers can still use Star Health’s digital platforms and communication channels, which are easy to use and reach. We strive to meet our clients at the right time, in the right manner, with the appropriate care, and in a manner that adds value to their delight.
- Tax Exemption: An income taxpayer can claim tax exemptions on premiums paid for medical health insurance policies under Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act. Premiums paid for the taxpayer, spouse, dependent children, and parents are all eligible for tax breaks.
- COVID-19 cover: The present pandemic scenario has brought health insurance into sharper focus than ever before. All of our policies cover COVID-19 if a healthy individual or family purchases a health insurance plan and is diagnosed with COVID-19 and requires hospitalization.
What are the different types of Star Health Insurance plans?
- Diabetes safe insurance plan: Regular in-patient hospitalization due to illness/accidents and diabetic complications stemming from Type 1/Type 2 diabetes is covered by Star’s Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy. This is a specific plan for persons who have previously been diagnosed with diabetes. On an individual and family floater basis, the plan covers diabetic complications and any other illnesses that require 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Super surplus insurance plan: This Health Insurance Plan is a top-up plan that covers medical expenses above a certain level. The plan is designed to cover extravagant medical bills with low premiums up to a total insured of one crore rupees. This health insurance plan is available as an individual or as a floater that covers your entire family.
- Star comprehensive insurance plan: This Health Insurance Plan is an all-inclusive plan with a lifetime renewability advantage that can cover the entire family from the age of 18 to 65. This health insurance plan offers a variety of sum insured options, including individual and family floater coverage. Individuals/families can choose between a minimum of 5 lakhs and a maximum of 1 crore in the specified sum insured option, depending on their needs.
- Senior Citizen red carpet insurance plan: This health insurance policy is intended for senior individuals between the ages of 60 and 75. The coverage includes a lifetime renewal option and covers a variety of daycare procedures/treatments, pre-existing ailments, current treatments, and important medical interventions that the elderly may require.
- Star Cardiac Care insurance plan: Your heart needs additional attention and protection at all times. This is a one-of-a-kind health insurance plan that assists people aged 7 to 70 who have been diagnosed with a heart condition or have undergone cardiac surgery.
- Family Health Optima Insurance Plan: This Floater Health Insurance Plan is reasonably priced to help you deal with the most difficult health conditions that every family member, including the youngest, faces. Protect your newborn from medical issues starting on the 16th day after delivery, with in-hospitalization costs covered.
- Medi Classic insurance plan: Individuals can make use of a variety of benefits with this Health Insurance Plan. Anyone from 16 days to 65 years old can be protected under this feature-rich health insurance plan, and there is no age limit for renewals after 65 years old.
- Arogya Sanjeevni Policy: The Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, which offers a 20% discount, is a fantastic option for the rural populace. Maintain family relationships in sickness and health with up to ten lakhs in coverage for in-patient hospitalization, childcare surgeries, COVID-19 treatment, AYUSH treatment, and more.
- Star Outpatient care insurance Plan: Outpatient treatment charges such as consultant fees, pharmacy bills, payments for X-rays, investigations and diagnostics physiotherapy, and other out-of-pocket expenses that may not be covered by your normal health plan are covered by this health insurance plan. This health plan comes in three types: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
- Star hospital cash insurance plan: When you are confined in the hospital, our Health Insurance Plan offers daily hospital cash. The policy can be used as a supplement or add-on to any of Star Health’s medical plans. For the number of days you choose, you can receive cash-in-hand benefits of up to Rs. 5000 every day.
- Young Star insurance plan: The strategy is tailored to young adults under the age of 40 who want to live a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their families. Benefits include incentive-driven fitness programs, the shortest waiting periods, covering of pre-and post-hospitalization charges, no-claim bonus, annual check-ups, automatic restoration of the sum insured, and an additional basic sum insured for road traffic accidents.
- Star Micro, Rural, and Farmers care plan: It makes no difference where you reside or how much money you earn with this Health Insurance Plan. Sum insured of Rs. 1 lakh with individual heath insurance plan and a family floater plan with a sum insured of Rs. 2 lakh. Room rent, consultant expenses, ICU charges, contemporary therapies, and all daycare procedures are covered.
How to claim Star Health Insurance?
You can claim your star health insurance plan in any of these two procedures.
Cashless Claim Procedure
If you select a network hospital you can get a cashless claim facility.
- Inform the company, Planned hospitalization can be informed 7 to 10 days in advance, while emergency hospitalization can be informed within 24 hours after admission.
- Register the claim and submit documents at a network hospital.
- Documents will verify by the star health team.
- Your claim will be accepted or rejected, you will know within 2 hours.
- If, request approved claim will be settled as per policy terms
- Costs will be paid to the hospital, pay the difference if any arise.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure
If you go to a hospital other than star health network hospital. In this, the insured informs the insurer ahead of time about the treatment and pays the hospital fees. Within 15 days following discharge, the insured files a claim for repayment of those expenses
- Admit the person to the hospital and pay for all expenses that arise.
- Collect all of your bills and documents required.
- Apply for a claim with the company for reimbursement.
- Wait for the approval till your documents are verified.
- Once your claims have been approved, you will be repaid.
Call – 1800-425-2255 / 1800-102-4477 (24*7 service available)
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website – Star Health
1). What is a family floater plan?
Your entire family’s hospitalization expenditures are covered by a single policy. The Family Floater Health Plan covers all medical costs in the event of an unexpected illness, surgery, or accident.
2). I am not Indian National but living in India can I take the health insurance plan?
Yes, foreigners living in India can obtain health insurance coverage. The coverage would, however, be limited to India.
3). What is Network/Non-Network hospitalization?
A ‘Network Hospital’ is a hospital that has signed an agreement with us to provide Cashless care. Non-network hospitals are those with whom we do not have a contract, and any policyholder seeking treatment in these facilities will be responsible for paying for the treatment and then filing a claim according to the reimbursement procedure.
4). If I and my family member stay in different cities, can we be covered under one health policy?
Yes, even if you live in different cities in India, you and your family can be insured under the same family policy. To get the cashless facility, all you have to do now is double-check those network hospitals are present in both locations.
5). Is it possible for me to change hospitals while I’m receiving treatment?
Yes, you have the option of changing hospitals in between your treatment. But, you have to notify your health insurance company and submit the necessary paperwork.