Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was instituted by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas under the GOI. Rural and backward households use firewood, coal, cow-dung for cooking this Yojana intends to provide LPG connections to them. The mission was to provide 8 crore LPG connections. In the Union Budget of FY 21-22 government stated an additional 1 crore LPG connections under this scheme.
Benefits and Features of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- This now PMUY as done 89,864,645 connections.
- 9,914,302 under PMUY 2.0
- Oil Marketers Companies will give first LPG refill and stove free with their free deposit connections to all PMUY receivers.
- Government facilitates Cash Assistance for PMUY connections of Rs. 1600 for 14.2kg cylinder and Rs. 1150 for a 5kg cylinder.
- The cash assistance also covers:
- Security Deposit for 14.2 Kg cylinder is Rs. 1250 and for 5kg cylinder is Rs. 800
- Rs.150 for Pressure Regulator
- Rs.100 for LPG Hose
- Rs.25 for Domestic Gas Consumer Card
- Installation/Inspection/Demonstration fee Rs.75.
Pradhan Mantri Yojana’sPradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana – Checkout
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) – Checkout
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Rural) – Checkout
- Minimum Age 18 years
- You must not have any other LPG connection in the same house.
- Women from categories:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- Tea/Ex-Tea Garden Tribes
- Poor house according to a 14-point declaration
- People living in Islands, River Islands
- Forest Dwellers
- SECC households
- Bank Account details, IFSC code
- Address Proof
- ID Proof
- Aadhaar Card of applicant and adult family member.
- Ration Card issued by government
- Photograph of applicant
- Documents supporting the category you belong
- KYC form
Application Process for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Go to the Ujjwala Yojana website.
- Click on “Apply for PMUY connection”
- Choose your closest LPG distributor and click on apply.
- The page of the distributor will open.
- Select ‘ujjwala 2.0 new connection’ in the type of connection
- Check the check box.
- Now select your state and district
- Now the list of your nearest distributors will be open, choose the distributor.
- Click on continue, a new page will be opened asking for your mobile number.
- For mobile number verification, you will get an OTP as an SMS on a number you put on a website.
- Enter Captcha and submit.
- You have to enter all the information asked and upload the required documents.
Three Distributors you can apply with under Ujjwala Yojana
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Bharat Gas
- HP Gas
Call – 1906 ( LPG Emergency), 1800-233-3888 / 1800-266-6696 (helpline)
Website – PMUY
1] Why Ration Card is required to apply under PMUY?
A ration card is required to Know your family composition. If you have APL or BLP this will also be considered.
2] My family has no adult female member can I apply under PMUY?
No, you can not. The connection will only be released in adult female member names.
3] Is KYC compulsory to enroll in PMUY?
Yes, It is compulsory. But it is optional only for people of Assam and Meghalaya.
4] Can I choose between 14.2 kg cylinder and 5 kg cylinder?
Yes, you can choose whether you want a 14.2 kg cylinder or 5kg single or 5kg double cylinder.
5] Can I apply offline under PMUY?
Yes, You can apply by submitting the application form directly at the distributor’s office.