Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin was started by the Ministry of Rural Development under GOI. This program is created to fill gaps in rural housing and to fulfill the government commitment of “Housing for All” by 2022. This yojana goal is to provide pucca houses and to provide essentials like a bathroom, kitchen, and more to people living in the kutcha houses. The mission was to cover 1 crore houses of people living in kutcha houses.
Features and Benefits
- PMAY-G’s mission is to provide pucca houses and necessities to people living in rural areas, kutcha houses.
- The minimum size of the house provided is increased to 25 sq. mt from 20 sq. mt.
- Assistance provided is Rs.1.20Lakhs in plain states
- Assistance Provided is Rs.1.30Lakhs in hilly states.
- The assistance of building a toilet will be merged with SBM-G, MGNREGS, or any source facilitating funding.
- Any other facility like electricity, water connection, LPG gas connection will also cover by different government programs.
- For plain areas, Central and State governments share assistance costs in a 60:40 ratio respectively.
- For hilly areas, Central and State governments share assistance costs in a 90:10 ratio respectively.
- From the annual Budget for PMAY-G 90% of funds are given to the state government for house construction.
- From 90%, 4% goes towards the administrative expense.
- 5% of the Budget grant is kept by the central government as reserve funds for special projects.
- Preference is given to people who are houseless and living in 0,1 and 2 room kutcha houses according to the list they have.
Pradhan Mantri Yojana’sPradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana – Checkout
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) – Checkout
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Checkout
Who are eligible Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G)
- Socio-Economic and Caste census 2011 prepared a list of Housing Deprivation parameters, list of the kutcha houses under PMAY-G. You should be covered in this list.
- The further list is also checked by panchayats and gram sabha’s, they can alter the list.
- Kutcha house with 0,1 and 2 rooms are included.
- Houseless, without shelter house.
- Primitive tribal groups
- Bounded Labours
- Destitute living on the alms
- Manual Scavenger.
Who are not eligible Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G)
- House that has 2,3,4 wheeler and motorized boat.
- House that has 3,4 wheeler agricultural or allied equipment
- A person with a Kisan credit card holder has a limit of Rs.50,000.
- Any government employee
- If any Family member earns Rs.10,000 and above
- Income Tax paying persons
- The family owning landline phones
- Family owning refrigerator
- A person having more than 2.5 acres of irrigated land
- Family together having agricultural land of 7.5 acres and more.
- Aadhaar card
- Permission letter of using beneficiary Aadhaar card
- MGNREGA number
- Swachh Bharat Mission Number(SBM)
- Bank account information
How to register under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G)
- Go to the PMAY-G website
- You can add or register as a beneficiary
- Fill out the information like personal details, bank account details.
- Upload the permission letter of using the beneficiary Aadhaar card
- Click on the search name of the beneficiary you are adding
- Select to Register
- Beneficiary details will display
- Now, fill in the remaining details
- If beneficiary required loan, choose Yes and Insert loan amount you required.
- Insert your MGNREGA and SBM number.
Call – 1800-11-6446 / 1800-11-81111
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Website – PMAY-G
1] Can I apply for PMAY-G offline?
Yes, you can apply Offline. By printing the application form from the PMAY-G website fill it out and submit it at the Common Service Center and with your bank with the documents mentioned above.
2] Can I take benefit under PMAY-G on the existing house?
No, You can take benefit of this plan only for a new house and if you are eligible according to the PMAY-G eligibility criteria.
3] What is Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gramin Yojana(PMAGY)?
The Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gramin Yojana intends to provide a holistic and comprehensive development program to villages with a population of 50% or more. This will be accomplished by coordinating state/UT and federal government programs.
4] What is the monetary assistance provided under PMAY-G?
Assistance provided is Rs.1.20Lakhs in plain states and for hilly states is Rs.1.30Lakhs.
5] I am a government employee can I register under PMAY-G?
No government employee can register under this plan.