Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited, which first opened its doors in India on January 22, 2001, has quickly grown to become India’s leading private general insurance company. The Company has a powerful multi-channel distribution network of 40,000+ licensed agents and 437+ licensed brokers scattered over India, with 200 offices. The company employs over 6,000 individuals, including 550 claim professionals and a dedicated Customer Service and Operations team.
Benefits of Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Covers COVID-19 costs: If you receive COVID-19, this will cover all of your ICU, nursing, diagnostic, and doctor charges.
- Complete Medical coverage: It covers all hospitalization expenditures, pre-and post-hospitalization costs, daycare treatments, laboratory tests, prescription drugs, and ambulance charges.
- Protect your money: You don’t have to pull your bank account or dispose of family assets to pay for medical operations. Your health insurance policy will ensure that you get the best care available without breaking your wallet.
- Cashless treatment: You won’t have to worry about organizing particular sums of money for treatment till the last minute if you have health insurance.
- Cumulative bonus: Get a cumulative bonus of up to 100% of the basic sum insured for each year without a health insurance claim
- Tax Benefit: The amount spent for your health insurance coverage is deductible under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
Types of Health Insurance Plan
- Individual Health Plan: An individual health insurance policy is one in which the full sum insured is used to cover only one person. You can purchase an individual health insurance plan if you are looking for a health insurance plan for yourself or individual medical insurance policies for your family members.
- Family Health Insurance: A family floater health insurance plan allows you to cover numerous family members on the same policy for a single price. It’s worth noting that under a family health insurance plan, the sum insured is split among all members of the family, allowing you to receive mediclaim for your entire family at a reasonable cost.
- Super Top-up Health Insurance: You can expand the coverage and add to the sum insured offered by your existing individual medical insurance plan or the health insurance plan for your family with the Tata AIG Super Top Up Health Insurance Plan known as Medicare Plus.
- Critical Illness health insurance: While a basic health insurance plan protects you financially against common ailments and injuries, it typically does not cover the costs of catastrophic illnesses like cancer, cardiovascular disease, or renal failure. As a result, you can acquire critical illness coverage by purchasing the Tata AIG Critical Illness Health Insurance Plan.
- Personal Accident Insurance Policy: Should an accident result in permanent disability or death, the Tata AIG Personal Accident Insurance Policy might be extremely helpful to you and your family. This plan provides financial assistance to you or your beneficiary (in the event of your death as a result of an accident).
- Coronavirus Health Insurance: Coronavirus Protection is the newest addition to our health insurance features, and it was created with the many medical and financial concerns posed by the current global pandemic in mind. The COVID-19-related medical expenses are covered by the sum insured when you purchase one of our health insurance policies.
What covers under Tata AIG Health Insurance?
- Consumables Covers
- Worldwide cover( covered from anywhere)
- New Born
- OPD covers up to Rs. 5,000
- Health checkups
- Hospitalization expenses
- Pre-Post hospitalization expenses
- Ambulance cover
- AYUSH cover
- Daycare treatment
- Life long renewability
- No claim bonus advantage
What does not cover under Tata AIG Health Insurance?
- Self-inflicted harm
- Cosmetic operations/surgeries
- Fees levied by a Medical Practitioner who lives in the same house as an Insured Person or is a close relative of an Insured Person’s family.
- Treatment provided by a Medical Practitioner that is not within his scope of practice.
A complete list of benefits and exclusions can be found in your policy document.
Eligibility Criteria for Tata AIG Health Insurance Policy
- The age criteria for dependent children range from 90 days to 25 years.
- Adults must be between the ages of 18 and 65 to participate in the program.
- The waiting period for a pre-existing disease is 2-4 years.
- Pre-medical screening is available to policyholders who are 45, 55, or 60 years old.
Documents Required for Health Insurance Claim
- Medical insurance bills for in-patient hospitalization are attested by the insured.
- The authority at the hospital/network hospital signs the discharge card.
- The signature of the insured on the claim form.
- A valid medical inquiry report.
- The receipts from the medical store and the doctor’s prescription.
- A personalized list of all hospital consumables prescribed by the doctor, along with all necessary information.
- A copy of the third-party administrator’s (TPA) ID card for the current year.
- Copies of the prior year’s health insurance policy.
- Doctor’s consultation bills and receipts.
How to Claim your Health Insurance Plan?
- Cashless Claims( only if you select their network hospital you can avail cashless claims)
- Select hospital and fill the pre-authorization form.
- Submit the form and wait for our answer, your request will accept or reject.
- A person can be admitted on acceptance of the request and the company will deal with all the expenses.
- Reimbursement Claims (If you don’t choose a hospital from their network)
- Admit the person to the hospital and pay for all associated costs.
- Gather all of your bills and file a claim with the firm for reimbursement.
- Your documents will be verified, and you will have to wait for the approval.
- Your expenses will be reimbursed once they have been approved.
Call – 1800-266-7780
Chat on WhatsApp – +91-9136160375
E-mail – email@example.com
Official Website – TATA AIG
1). Is Tata AIG health insurance valid across the country?
Yes, you are covered for the treatment no matter where you are in India. They had tied up to 7200+ hospitals across the country.
2). Is it possible to increase the insured amount amid the policy year?
No, you can’t. You have to wait until you renew your health insurance policy to increase your insured amount or you can choose a super top-up plan to increase your insured amount.
3). Do Tata AIG’s health insurance plan offers domiciliary treatment?
Yes, the Tata AIG health insurance plan offers domiciliary treatment covered under Medicare, Medicare premium and Medicare protect plans.
4). Do Tata AIG provides cashless claims?
Tata AIG had tied up to 7200+ hospitals across the country. You can go completely cashless at their network hospitals.
5). Do Tata AIG health insurance covers outside India treatment?
Tata AIG’s regular policy does not offer cover outside India. But they do have an optional global cover that you can add to your policy.