On 25th June 2015, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana [PMAY] was Launched. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MHUA) has launched this Yojana under the GOI. This Yojana is set up particularly for people of Economically weak section(EWS), Low Income Group(LIG), Middle Income Group I (MIG-I), Middle Income Group-II (MIG-II). The goal of this Plan is to provide housing for all.
All houses under PMAY-U have necessities such as washrooms, electricity connection, proper water supply, and Kitchen. This Plan also helps in women’s empowerment by putting houses in women’s names or as joint owners and all the preference is provided towards vulnerable and weaker parts of the society.
Table of Contents
Elements of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
1] Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme ( CLSS )
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme ( CLSS ) started to facilitate interest subsidy on home loans.
- CLSS makes home loans reasonable because the customer has to pay less amount by availing of subsidy benefits.
- The amount of subsidy depends upon the income group you are in.
- You can save up to Rs. 2.67 lakhs under this scheme.
2] In-situ Slum Redevelopment(ISSR)
- ISSR gives Rs.1Lakh central Assistance to each house-made/built for allowed slum dwellers making land as a resource with private developers.
3] Affordable Housing in Partnership(AHP)
- If a minimum of 35% of the houses in the project is for the EWS section, GOI will give Rs.1.5Lkah per EWS house central assistance.
- States and Union Territories fixed sale price upper limit of EWS house.
4] Beneficiary-Led Construction(BLC)
- Eligible families under the EWS section for individual house construction can get central assistance up to Rs.1.5Lakhs per EWS house.
Pradhan Mantri Yojana’sPradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana – Checkout
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Rural) – Checkout
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Checkout
PMAY CLSS Details
|1||Household income(in Rs.)||up to 3,00,000||up to 6,00,000||6,00,000-12,00,000||12,00,000-18,00,000|
|2||Maximum Carpet Area(sq. m)||30 sq. m||60 sq. m||160 sq. m||180 sq.m|
|3||Subsidy Interest rate||6.5%||6.5%||4%||3%|
|4||Loan Purpose||Purchase, construction,|
|5||Maximum Subsidy(in Rs.)||2.67 lakhs||2.67 lakhs||2.35 lakhs||2.30 lakhs|
|6||Ownership of Female||Compulsory||Compulsory||Not compulsory||Not compulsory|
Females can be joint owners or sole owners.
Who is eligible for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
- You should have not owned any pucca house in any part of the country
- You should have not taken any central assistance for any housing scheme.
- Husband or wife or both the spouse together in joint ownership are available for one subsidy.
- Husband and a wife and their unmarried children are eligible.
|SL.No||Income Group||Annual Income||Maximum Loan Amount|
|1||Economically Weaker Section(EWS)||up to Rs.3,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|2||Low/Light Income Group(LIG)||Rs.3,00,000-6,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|3||Medium Income Group-I(MIG-I)||Rs.6,00,000-12,00,000||Rs. 9,00,000|
|4||Medium Income Group-II(MIG-II)||Rs.12,00,000-18,00,000||Rs. 12,00,000|
How to apply under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
- Go to website https://pmay-urban.gov.in/
- If you are an existing customer enter your ID and password.
- If you are new Sign in and register as a new customer.
- Enter the adhar card number and it will verify with the OTP.
- Now, enter all the details asked for.
- Choose the component you required.
- If you are eligible your request will be approved and your name will be added to the beneficiary list.
Call – 011-23063285 / 011-23060484 / 011-23061827
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – PMAY-U
1] How to check my name ib the beneficiary list of PMAY-U 2022?
- Go to the website.
- Write ‘Beneficiary’ on the search bar.
- Enter your Adhar Card number.
- Press ‘show’.
2] Can I apply under the PMAY-U scheme offline?
Yes, you can apply offline or online at your convenience. To apply offline go to your closest Common Service Center(CSC) and fill a form over there. You will be asked Rs.25+GST as a fee.
3] Can I apply for the scheme twice?
No, you can. At the time of registration, your adhar number gets registered so you cannot fraud the government and it is a one-time benefit.
4] My annual Income is more than Rs.18 Lakhs per annum, Can I apply under PMAY-U?
No, If your annual income is up to Rs.18 lakhs you can apply but not for the person with an annual income above Rs.18 lakhs.
5] Is there any fee for an online application?
No, If you apply online application is completely free.