IFFCO Tokio General Insurance company that sells vehicle insurance, bike insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, and corporate policies such as property insurance and liability insurance, in addition to health insurance plans. Individual health insurance plans, family floater health insurance plans, and senior citizen health insurance plans are among the options available from the insured.
Table of Contents
What is IFFCO Tokio Health insurance?
- Health insurance, often known as medical insurance, is a sort of insurance that protects you against a variety of medical, surgical, prescription drug, and dental costs that you can incur if you get sick or have an accident.
- Hospitalization expenditures, pre-and post-hospitalization costs, daycare treatments, laboratory tests, prescription drugs, and ambulance changes are all covered under health insurance coverage.
- You’re also covered for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy). You can use your medical insurance policy’s coverage either cashlessly at a network hospital or through reimbursement of previously paid costs.
Benefits of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Full medical coverage: It covers hospitalization expenditures, pre-and post-hospitalization costs, daycare treatments, laboratory tests, prescription drugs, and ambulance changes also cover AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy).
- Protect your savings: To pay for life-saving medical procedures, you do not need to dive into your bank account or liquidate family assets. Your health insurance policy will allow you to receive the best possible care without breaking the bank.
- No cash required: You won’t have to worry about organizing significant sums of money for treatment at the last minute if you have health insurance. Cashless treatment is available at network hospitals for both planned and emergency treatments.
- Tax Benefit: The sum paid for your health insurance coverage is eligible for tax deductions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
- No claim bonus (NCB): Your healthcare plan includes a benefit known as a ‘no claim bonus,’ which entitles you to a free increase in your medical insurance policy’s sum covered.
Types of Health Insurance Plan
- Indemnity-based health insurance: Under this plan, you have the option of requesting cashless hospitalization or reimbursement for hospitalization costs up to the sum insured within the policy limits. In this medical insurance coverage, you can also file a claim for connected costs such as pre-and post-hospitalization costs, ambulance fees, daycare services, prescription prescriptions, and so on.
- Benefit-based plan: When you are diagnosed with one of the diseases insured by this policy, you will receive defined benefit money in the form of a lump sum payment. A benefit-based plan, such as critical illness insurance, is an example. This lump payment from your medical insurance coverage can be used to cover any costs you incur during your sickness, including medical bills, household expenses, and other bills.
- Top-up plan: This plan is designed to supplement the coverage provided by your current medical insurance. For additional medical coverage, you can purchase a top-up medical insurance policy.
IFFCO Tokio features and its coverage
Following are the features and IFFCO Tokio health insurance coverage:
|Insured Amount||up to Rs. 30 Lakhs|
|Ambulance charges||up to Rs. 2,500|
|Daily Allowance||up to Rs. 1000 per day|
|All Medical Test||up to 60 years|
|Life long renewal||Yes|
|Cashless treatment||6400+ hospitals|
|Pre-Post hospitalization expenses||Covered|
|Member covered||Self, spouse, dependent parents and children, brother, sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, nephew, niece, or any other relative who is dependent or relatives living together|
How to Claim your Health Insurance Plan?
- Cashless Claims( only if you select their network hospital among 6400+ you can avail cashless claims)
- Select hospital and fill the pre-authorization form.
- Submit the form and wait for our answer, your request will accept or reject.
- If request accepted the person can be admitted, company will settle expenses directly with the hospital.
- Reimbursement Claims( if you do not select hospital from our network list)
- Admit the person in the hospital and pay all the expenses arise.
- Collect all the bills and make a claim for your expenses with company.
- Your documents will verify, wait for approval.
- After approval you will get paid for your expenses.
What is not covered by health insurance?
- Cosmetic procedures
- a pre-existing medical problem
- Pregnancy-related illnesses
- Injuries sustained as a result of self-harm or a suicide attempt.
- Those who have been injured as a result of a conflict or a nuclear explosion
- Intentional injuries and contagious infections
Call – 1800-103-5499, (0124) 428 5499
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, contact by filling google form ‘ click here ‘
Post – Corporate Office
Plot No. 3, Sector 29, Gurgaon – 122001,
Official Website – IFFCO Tokio
1). What influences the premium payable for health insurance?
The age and the level of coverage are the two key elements that determine the premium for health insurance. Younger people are generally thought to be healthier and hence pay lower annual premiums. People who are older pay a higher health insurance premium since their risk of illness or health problems is higher. Similarly, smokers and alcoholics pay higher insurance premiums. The type of your job and where you live can all have an impact on the cost of your medical insurance policy.
2). Is it possible for me to get multiple health insurance policies?
Yes, you can have multiple medical insurance policies. You can choose which policy to pay your expense in the event of a claim. The merit of having two health insurance policies is that if one policy’s Sum Insured is over, the remaining medical bills, if any, can be recovered through the second policy.
3). What happens if you fail to renew your health insurance in a timely manner?
When a health insurance coverage expires, the policyholder will no longer be eligible for such benefits. Medical expenses must be paid out of pocket by the individual. So, remember your medical insurance policy’s expiry date and renew your health insurance plan on time to avoid interruptions in coverage.
4). Are pregnancy-related costs covered by health insurance?
No, most health insurance policies do not cover pregnancy-related expenses.
5). What documents are needed to purchase health insurance?
When acquiring health insurance from IFFCO-Tokio, no documents are necessary. Your Aadhaar or PAN card will not be requested. When filing a claim, you may be required to provide acceptable identification.