SBI General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the State Bank of India (SBI) and the Insurance Australia Group. The company offers a complete variety of general insurance products in the retail and commercial space at affordable costs to make insurance accessible to all individuals and organizations.
The company offers various health insurance plans.
Why choose SBI General Health Insurance?
- Facilitates cashless treatment: While you’re in the hospital, you won’t have to worry about paying your medical bills. If the hospital is part of your health insurance network, your insurer will deal with them directly.
- Full medical coverage: It pays for hospitalization, pre-post hospitalization expenses, daycare services, laboratory tests, prescription drugs, and ambulance costs.
- 24*7 Customer care facility: ICICI Lombard offers customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can either call or email them or also can chat with them from their website.
- Quick Claim: You will receive notification of your claim as quickly as possible, and you may also check on their website by providing some basic information.
- Claim Tax Benefit: You can claim a tax deduction for health insurance premiums under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
What are the different types of SBI General Health Insurance plans?
- SBI Arogya Premier Plan: This policy is designed to cover family members as well as individual medical expenses for long-term options with exclusive covers.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Plan: This plan offers you family floater plans, coverage of rs. 50,000 to rs. 10 lakhs.
- Arogya Premier Policy: This plan covers up to 141 days of daycare, coverage of Rs. 10lakhs to Rs. 30lakhs
- Arogya Plus Policy: This plan has multiple sums insured plans i.e., Rs. 1lakh, 2lakh, and 3 lakhs.
- Arogya Top-up Policy: This plan gives you comprehensive coverage of pre and post-hospitalization, coverage from Rs. 1lakh to Rs. 50 lakhs.
- Retail Health Insurance Policy: This gives you family floater and flexible plans with coverage of Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5lakhs
- Critical Illness Insurance Policy: It covers 13 critical illnesses with a sum insured up to Rs. 50,00,000 that are:
- End-stage kidney failure
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial failure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Organ Transplant
- Total blindness
- First heart attack
- Heart valve surgery
- Aorta graft surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafts
- Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy: Daily cash benefit from Rs.500 to Rs.2000 per day for age 18 years to 65 years.
- Group Health Insurance: In this plan, you can get coverage of Rs. 1 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs with multiple individual and family floater plans.
- Loan Insurance Policy: This plan covers critical illness, personal accident, permanent disablement, and loss of job.
- Corona kavach Policy: This plan covers newborns from day 1, all your hospital costs,s and even upto 14 days of home care cover
Permanent exclusions of SBI Health Insurance plans
- Violations of the law include things like conflict, civil war, and breaking the law.
- Treatment that was received outside of the country.
- Cosmetic surgery
How to claim SBI General Health Insurance?
You can claim your SBI health insurance plan in any of these two procedures.
Cashless Claim Procedure
You can get a cashless claim if you choose a network hospital.
- Inform the company, about hospitalization
- Register the claim and submit documents at a network hospital.
- Documents will verify by the team.
- Your claim will be accepted or rejected, you will know within hours.
- If the request is authorized, the claim will be settled according to the terms of the policy.
- Costs will be paid to the hospital, pay the difference if any arise.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure
If you go to a hospital other than SBI health network hospital.
- Admit the person to the hospital and cover all associated costs.
- Collect all of your bills and documents required.
- Submit a claim for compensation with the firm.
- Wait untill your documents are verified.
- You will be reimbursed once your claims have been processed.
Call – 8097575500 / 8097575505 (8 am to 8 pm)
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website – SBI general health insurance
1). What is a family floater plan?
A single coverage covers the hospitalization costs for the complete family. In the case of an unforeseen illness, surgery, or accident, the Family Floater Health Plan covers all medical expenditures.
2). What is the Claim settlement ratio(CSR)?
The claim settlement ratio (CSR) is the percentage of claims paid out in a particular financial year by an insurer. It tells you if your insurer has enough financial resources to cover claims in layman’s terms.
3). What is cashless hospitalization?
In the event of a hospitalization or procedure, a cashless hospitalization is a way in which an insured person does not have to pay any medical expenses out of pocket because the insurance company covers the entire bill.
4). What affects health insurance premium money?
The premium is calculated based on the age of the insured person, the plan type selected, the tenure selected, and the proposer’s location.
5). Is it possible to increase the insured amount amid the policy year?
No, you can’t. You can either wait until your health insurance policy is renewed to boost your insured amount, or you can choose a super top-up plan to do so.